Saturday, October 23, 2010

Ok, the clever man comment...


Well, I was asked to sing "With My Own Two Hands" this evening at the Stephen Lewis event. I haven't been that nervous in quite a long time. It was a total honour to share the stage with Mr. Lewis. I had hoped to impress him by using some big words. In the end, just before I sang the song, all I could come up with, in front of everyone, was "It's just really cool to sing at the same event that you are speaking at." Wow. And then, to top it all off, as Abe was taking a picture of me with Mr. Lewis, Mr. Lewis said to me, "You're comments were very clever". And, yes, like a twit, I said, "You're pretty clever too." Sheesh. Oh well. He seemed to take it all in stride. What a total thrill this evening was for me, and I think for everyone that was there. Here are a few pics (we were asked not to take pictures during the event itself, so the pictures were taken after the evening was over).



No comments:

Post a Comment